Company Profile

HOME>>Company Profile>>Our History

Our History

June 1951 The Sanshin Special Wire Manufacturing Company is established in Asahi-ku, Osaka as a stainless steel wire manufacturing and sales company. (500,000 yen capital, president and CEO Juichi Hamada)
April 1953 The Tokyo office is established as a sales hub for the Kanto region.
May 1953 With capital participation by Nippon Yakin Kogyo Co., Ltd., the company becomes a group company of the same.
June 1953 A new factory is completed in Asahi-ku, Osaka and the head office is moved there.
October 1956 The head office is moved to Kita-ku, Osaka and the company name is changed to Nippon Seisen Co., Ltd.
The Tokyo Factory in Kita-ku, Tokyo is completed and operations start at the factory.
May 1960 A dealership system is implemented. A Seisen-kai partnership is formed between Tokyo and Osaka.
March 1962 Shares are listed in the Second Section of the Tokyo and Osaka Stock Exchanges.
May 1962 The Hirakata Factory in Hirakata-shi, Osaka is completed and operations start at the factory.
October 1964 Display of the JIS logo on stainless steel wires is approved.
March 1971 The welding rod manufacturing division is received from Showa Kasei Co., Ltd. It is renamed the Kawasaki Factory and manufacturing of welding rods start. The Hirakata Factory is expanded to include a thin wire factory and a NASLON factory is newly built.
June 1971 Sales of metal fibers (NASLON) starts.
March 1972 The Tokyo Factory is moved to the Hirakata Factory and consolidation is complete.
June 1973 A screw factory is completed in the Hirakata Factory.
February 1978 A computer is installed in the Hirakata Factory and a computerized system for order sales and stock management is started.
September 1978 The Kawasaki Factory is moved and consolidated into the Hirakata Factory.
January 1979 Sales of Diamond Dice starts.
June 1984 A NASLON filter factory is completed in the Hirakata Factory.
April 1985 The Hirakata Factory is expanded to include a high strength wire factory.
December 1986 A manufacturing method for nickel-titanium shape memory alloy wires is developed.
May 1988 Beta-titanium ultra thin wires are developed and mass production starts as shaft material for golf clubs.
Thai Seisen Co., Ltd. is established with a capital of 40 million bahts.
August 1989 The high strength wire factory in the Hirakata Factory is expanded.
May 1991 A cogeneration system (heat and electricity generation) is installed in the Hirakata Factory.
March 1993 The NAS clean gas filter for semiconductor manufacturing is developed and sales of the filter start.
January 1994 The NAS light hard surfacing low formability wire material is developed and sales of the material start.
December 1994 The head office is moved to 4-1-1 Koraibashi, Chuo-ku, Osaka.
September 1996 Shares are alternatively listed in the First Section of the Tokyo and Osaka Stock Exchanges.
June 1998 ISO9001 certification obtained (Hirakata Factory).
September 1998 Winner of the TPM Excellence Award (Category A).
December 2001 An automated pickling factory is completed in the Hirakata Factory.
January 2003 ISO9001 certification obtained (head office).
November 2003 The Daido Steel Co., Ltd. becomes the largest shareholder and the company becomes a group company of the same.
September 2005 ISO14001 certification obtained (Hirakata Factory).
May 2006 The Naslon Fuji Filter (Changshu) Co., Ltd. is established in Jiangsu Province, China in order to strengthen the metal fiber filter business (70% capital investment by Nippon Seisen).
October 2007 The Daido Stainless Steel Co., Ltd. is acquired and merged, capital becomes 5 billion yen.
September 2008 NASLON Korea Co., Ltd. is established in Seoul, Korea (100% capital investment by Nippon Seisen).
February 2009 ISO9001 certification obtained (all companies).